Cold room above garage (did you fix yours?)

That would be a bit worrying as a fire barrier.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The garage ceiling is just plasterboard with no pipework going through it, the walls are breezeblock. I was thinking of just screwing celotex/ kingspan under the plasterboard ceiling to save on a load of work. Would that be acceptible and safe?

We had new carpet laid on monday in the room above the garage. Before it was laid I ripped the old flooring up and sealed under the skirting with silicone as well as any gaps in the floorboards which were producing draughts.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Agreed but I have experienced that in a house (new build) that I purchased in the late 70s

Reply to
Clot

I cannot answer the issue re acceptability of celotex. Are there gaps between the walls and the plaster ceiling which would letting cold air get upstairs?

Good, that's a help.

Reply to
Clot

Can anyone else? It had never occured to me to do this, and it would be a million times easier than lifting the floorboards in the bedroom or tearing down the garage ceiling.

Reply to
Huge

You could try giving either your local building control a call, or Celotex Ltd.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Thanks. I just wondered if anyone knew, is all... I looked on the Celotex web site, but am not greatly enlightened.

Reply to
Huge

Not good, is it?

I paid a visit to the Kingspan and Cellotex sites earlier today and came away none-the-wiser so I emailed them. A quick response from Kingspan, nothing as yet from Celotex.

So what did Kingspan say?

Reply to
Jon