Cold Radiator!

Recently bought a flash radiator

the associated thermostatic valve.

Fitted it, filled it, tested it. No heat.

Called the manufacturer, advised to drain and fill very, very slowly...once done, get the pump on full with other rads off to push any air out...

Still cold.....

Valve gets red hot, water comes out of the bleed valves at the top, feed and return pipes hot...

What next (apart from demanding a site visit?

Reply to
David P

sounds like one of the valves is stuck in.Try giving bot of them a knock. If that fails you'll need to drain down take off and and make sure they both open.

jim

Reply to
Jim

The valve is a one piece thing takes both pipes...but yes, that would make sense if somehow only one 'side' opened...

It was a bitch to put on, but I can take it off and look I guess.

Reply to
David P

Ok, how can I check the thermostatic valve...the pin moves a little, not much tho...

Is it a case of taking it off and blowing through the holes?!

Reply to
David P

Done it!

One end of the valve acts like a lockshield, and this had a stopper that can be adjusted with an allen key, all hidden under a chrome section.....so why didnt the instructons even mention it?!

Thanks Jim, you pointed me in the right direction/

Reply to
David P