Cold Heat Soldering Iron

This caught my eye in Focus DIY the other day, any one tried one?

is a US site, available in UK from JML Direct (just change the $ to =A3, I think the Focus price was even more...). JML's site uses forwarding so you can't post a direct link to a product.

I thought it might have been some cleaver ceramic heat element but looking at the Think Geek images and description it looks like it works by shorting the cells through the work piece.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

See review by Clive Mitchell in sci.engr.lighting

"In short, it's a novelty. Don't waste your money."

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

So it does work by shorting the cells through the work piece. In that report it seems to be a bit vicious as well but thats not surprising as there is no control circuitary.

Looks like I keep my Portasol and tin of gas then...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice