cold calling from Weatherseal about windows

Just been talking to a nice lady from Weatherseal (_again_)

She was well into arranging a sales visit to measure up for a conservatory when she re-asked a question I'd somehow not answered earlier! Type of property? 1st floor flat!

When I told her how much I enjoyed our littlte chats she offered to ring me up to thirty times a day!

'bout 3 weeks ago actually got a visit arranged (for when I was out) and in January a guy spent 35 mins extolling the virtues of the windows before we mentioned our joint ownership (housing ass)

I know, I know. A sad life .

John

Reply to
JTM

Took one of these calls once. Asked all the right questions. Arranged for a builder to take a look at building a dwarf wall to install the conservatory on top. Was told a load of prices that would not be exceeded by any of the installation criteria.

Then was asked for my full address. Flat A on the thirteenth floor of the tower block at the bottom of the road. "Are you sure the dwarf wall will be enough to reach up here?" Asked me. She slammed the phone down. Ignorant bitch. I thought it was an important question that needed answered. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

In article , JTM writes

Many years ago before I registered with the TPS, I used to get regular calls from people wanting to sell me double glazing. The conversation used to get a bit confused when I pointed out that I didn't have any windows (I was in a leasehold flat, the windows belonging to the freeholder). I usually asked if they had my address on their details, invariably they said yes, but ignored the bit that said "flat 10".

Ho Hum.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson