Coiled Flex - where to buy?

Does anyone know a source of coiled mains flex? I'd like to replace the flex on mu handheld blender with one to avoid the tangle it came fitted with.

A coiled kettle lead would do, I can cut the connector off easily enough. I've googled "kettle coiled flex" and got lots of safety advice for avoiding scalded children: "Have you shortened your kettle flex or bought a coiled flex?" etc., but not a single link to a supplier.

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
1970alr

It's a great idea in theory, but it doesn't really work in practice (unless there is better stuff than i've tried) It just acts like a short cable, and if you extend it then it pights you (until such time as it goes all knotted (not long)).

A much better idea would be to fit a round section cable rather than the flat cable that most double insulated appliences seem to come with . This will behave much better.

If you really must do it, then RS used to stock various coiled flexes.

HTH

Reply to
zikkimalambo

I'd say you'll find one annoying with a hand held device. If it is tight enough when the appliance is 'parked' it will fight you when in use. Have you cut down the existing one so it's only just long enough?

I saw curly extension leads in one of the sheds recently. Can't remember if it was B&Q or Homebase. But probably rather thick for your use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suspect somewhere like John Lewis or Mothercare might sell coily kettle leads.

You can get coily flexes from RS, eg 224-1922 White PVC 3 core coiled mains cable, 1A. £2.10 each. or 224-1859 ditto 6A

Owain

Reply to
Owain