Coild battery retaining spring

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement spring for my weather station. A leaking battery has destroyed a spring.

This is roughly what the spring looks like

's AA battery size.

Reply to
Eric

In message , Eric writes

Why not buy an AA battery holder from Maplin and take the spring out, or find an e.g.old remote control and rip the spring contact out

Reply to
geoff

Have a look in, say, Poundland for any old gadget that takes an R6 cell and throw all the rest of the kit away.

Use better quality cells next time too.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Unfortunately, when this happens you woul be surprised how much other damage is done to the connections. If you are going in to do this make a check on all riveted connections around the battery compartment as they often corrode and then voltage drop occurs. Also or course the other end of the battery might also have been corroded.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Paperclip is the other option.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Maplins battery holders don't use springs any more - I once tried but it would take major plastic surgery to fit.

salvaging an old remote control might be a better option.

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

That remins me of something I was going to post here. Have Duracell changed their recipe in the last year or two? Batteries used for clocks at home used to run down such that the minute hand wouldn't make it to the next second. I then replaced the battery, and the old one was clean. These days I often find when checking clocks that they are still running fine, but the Duracell has leaked :=3D(( Batteries are sourced at gold plated prices from JLP.

Anyone know whats going on, or had similar experience?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes