Coil hose connectors

I got one of those coil hoses, and so far, I'm quite pleased with it - it's very easy to put away, which is why I wanted one in the first place. Since it was an 'experimental' purchase, I got the cheapest I could find, although TBH, from the images I've seen, they all seem to come with exactly the same fitments, which makes me think that there are very few manufacturers, and many different boxes.

Only tiny problem is the connectors - they seem to require a bit of a extra push onto the tap to lock them into position and stop water flying everywhere, as opposed to the hozelock things that, once they're on, just stay there. I'm thinking of replacing the connectors (they seem to be different, because the hose is narrower and harder), but I'd be a bit miffed if new ones were the same. Is it just the case that my hose has cheap and nasty connectors (which I think is most likely), or is there a different standard, where this extra push is required?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Dont you believe it. The Chinese are very good at making things that look the same but are less expensive and of vastly inferior quality.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike