Coal effect gas fire back

I have a Magiglo inset coal effect gas fire. The black fibre back and throat have become a bit grey looking and I wondered if there is anything that can be spayed on to tart it up a bit for the summer. Not too bothered if it doesn't withstand th eheat as I hope to not use it again for about 7 months.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

In article , DerbyBorn writes

I assume it was originally black?

If so I'd lightly brush the surface to remove any loose stuff then spray with a heat resistant matt black spray paint eg:

I think matt looks good for this kind of thing and the 425degC rating may keep it on there when the fire is used later in the year, or at least let it wear/burn off in a non-spectacular way.

Reply to
fred

Any use?

Jb