Coal back boiler

I have recently removed a gas fire to return to a coal fire. There is

back boiler visible in the fire bricks to the rear of the hearth. know this was not in use since the gas fire was fitted but as I want t return to coal or even an open flame gas fire I am concerned abou whether there are issues doing this .

The original header tank for the back boiler has been drained as ha the boiler .The drain and feed are both open so I cannot see preasur build up being a problem . Is there possile problems with distortion o the dry tank or any other issues I need to be aware off ?

-- nash

Reply to
nash