CM67 Optimum Start algorithm

Page 4 of 6

Not really. Try ringing Honeywell at some awful place called Bracknell, who will give you the distributors.
It is very, very neat, but I don't think cheap, or I may be surprised.

Bracknell, who

In my experience they'll point me in the direction of an 'installer' who wants to supply and fit (for an arm and a leg), not supply only.
I like the idea but the HR80 seems a bit bulky.
Neil

Have a word with Richard at RKM Heating Controls (01954 261855). I can't see the HR80 or CM67z on their website, but they can probably get a price for you - and will sell you the kit for DIY installation!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

can't see

for
Thanks for that.
Neil

Do they have a web site?

Yes, it's at http://www.rkm-heating-controls.co.uk/index.html
--
Cheers,
Set Square
Jones wrote:

They may not yet be into the supply chain. PHAM magazine came today and has a write-up on them as a new product with launch presentations from Feb 17th
Neil

OK, thanks. The HR80 has been around for I bit, I think, as part of the Hometronic system. As far as I can see, the new bit is the CF67z.
Neil
Neil

Looks very neat and hassle free to install. If it takes off many imitators will emerge dropping prices.
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:12:11 -0000, "Neil Jones"

The Hometronic system itself isn't new and has been around in Germany for a number of years, where it is quite suited to apartment installations. The earlier version of the radiator valve was RF controlled as well but AFAICR did not have transmission capability to a boiler interlock device.
The CF67z is new, although one point to realise is that it will only cover two zones to a set point. Each HR80 can be set in itself but then that is not under CM67z control. The data sheet leaves that bit out.
Also, since each HR80 uses 2 x AAA batteries, it is going to make Duracell shareholders very happy. :-)
Some interesting ideas though
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
itself isn't new and has been around in Germany

I looked at Hometronic last year but I think it's far too expensive for what it is.
I'm vaguely interested in the new solution, but only if it's comparable in price with a normal CM67 + TRV solution. If it's a lot more, I'd be more interested in getting a solution with a bit more intelligence which could be integrated into a whole house system.
Neil
wrote in message > The Hometronic system

A real cheap solutions is to create a manifold and have all the rads flows off this. Each rad has a 2-port zone valve (cheap at 12 at BES) and each rad hasn electronic wall stat.

flows
each
This only goes half way, though. With a simple wall stat I can't say that I want my bedroom at 18C between 10pm and 11pm, and 20C between 6am and 8am, and that I don't care what happens in between as long as it doesn't go below 5C.

Then replace the simple wall stat with a wall stat/programmer. Some of these are now quite cheap and well specced. So, one single channel timer for the DHW and only wall stat/programmers. But I would have a single channel timer on the CH to make sure all the CH off, a master controller. This could be programmed to be on for a few hours a day when on hols. For frost protection, you could have a switch that only allows the hall stat/programmer to operate and all zone valves are powered full open bypassing the room stat/programmers.
This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective solution for a new installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any heating engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert the existing pipes.

of
timer
controller.
For
new
existing
OK, so I've got 23 for the zone valve and 30 for the programmable stat, per room. Plus wiring to supply each stat, and replumbing, and redecorating. I don't think your suggested system is realistic as a retrofit, in my situation, at least.
All of a sudden, Andy's suggested 100 per HR80 looks rather more reasonable (purchase of shares in Duracell notwithstanding)...
Neil

They are available for far less than that.

That is what I pointed out. If renovating then this is a good solution.

Some
channel
single
hols.
hall
open
heating
Are they?

solution.
No, what you actually said was "A real cheap solutions is to create a manifold and have all the rads flows off this. Each rad has a 2-port zone valve (cheap at 12 at BES) and each rad hasn electronic wall stat."
It was once I started to look into your suggestion that you added the caveats that meant it wasn't a solution at all, nor was it "real cheap".
Neil

I have seen them around for 20-25. Screwfix do one for 25, not sure if the spec fits your needs though.

What I also said was:
"This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective solution for a new installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any heating engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert the existing pipes."

What do you mean it is not a solution? What do understand by "solution"? Cheap? At max 50 per room (24.68 per zone valve: 25 for stat = less than 50). If ordering 10 of each you may get a discount. Compare that to the Honeywell RF method.
As I said..."This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective solution for a new installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any heating engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert the existing pipes."

on
full
for
the
if
as a

2-port
new
existing
You said this after I pointed out your 'solution' wasn't going to fly, so you modified it to use programmable stats instead of ordinary bimetallic ones.

the
cheap".
"solution"?
YOu haven't even found out what I want to achieve - how can you know if it is a solution or not?

than
the
I have 11 radiators. According to you, 550 is cheap?
Plus wiring, plus plumbing, plus redecoration. All these are cheap too, are they?

solution
the
You said this after I had pointed out that your original 'solution' was a non starter.
Your problem, if I may be so bold, is that you propose 'solutions' when you haven't taken the trouble to identify the problem.
Neil

You must follow the thread, you were apart of it. I suggested "electronic" stats BTW, then with your response stat/programmers.

You were on about individual control of each room if I recall rightly. If you want individual control of each room in temperature and time, and temps at set patterns over a day, then this is very cheap solution. VERY CHEAP!

For that solution? with functionality? buttons!

You must focus. I clearly made the distinction new build/renovation and existing.

It was a starter, then you said you wanted time control and different temp throughout the day for individual rooms. What do you want? Me to pay for a CM67z system for you and fit it over the weekend too? My God!
What an ungrateful sod!

What is your problem? The technical one, it is clear you have a personal one.