Close coupled WC elbow

One of the loos (which looks like it's close-coupled) has a plastic elbow to connect it to the cistern. The elbow seems to be screwed-on to the back of the pan but the joint is leaking. I've tried searching for "flush cone elbow" and similar things - what's it called and where can I get a seal?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

I think you mean 'low level' rather than close-coupled? Low level look like this

which case you need one of these;

The Medway Handyman

Nope! It looks just like a standard close-coupled set-up (and uses a standard close-coupled doughnut and metal plate) but the cistern flushes into a plastic elbow which is screwed to the back of the pan. It's as if they had a large batch of standard pans and needed to find a way to convert them into close-coupled ones - the house was built about 15 years ago. I presume the elbow has a flush cone attached to it but I don't want to take it off until I know I can get a replacement - I don't want to leave the tenants without a loo.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

>>> In which case you need one of these;

Aha! I came across one of those a few months ago. I wondered at the time if they had made a 'multi use' pan that could be used either way.

The one I came across did have a flush cone under the plastic elbow thingy.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

... snipped

Thanks Dave. Can you remember how the elbow was sealed to the pan (because mine isn't any more)? did the elbow have a stub that went into a standard flush cone?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Errrm. It was a while ago....

I do recall it was a bugger to seal - I had to go back because of a minor drip.

I do recall definately using a new flush cone and LSX.

The WC was a brand name I recognised.

If anything more comes back to me I'll let you know.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I just had another look. It's an elbow with a flange that bolts onto the back of the pan, a spigot that fits into the back of the pan with a very soft short seal, and a top part that takes the normal close-coupling doughnut and clamp screws. The spigot seal is softer than flush cones that I've seen before and is starting to decompose. The pan has quite a thin wall at the back rather than the usual socket - any ideas for what this seal might be called and where to get one?

Reply to
NoSpam