Close coupled back to the wall toilet

I'm now shopping for a toilet.

I've seen ths sort: Not wall hung but the sort where the pan part goes back to the wall like this:

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems compared to more convention c/c toilets?

mark

Reply to
mark

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means that the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Good point. My enthusiasm for such a loo is waning fast. Would it make a difference re: assessibility if the seat has quick release hinges. I've no experience of such.

mark

Reply to
mark

The back to wall toilet I have (not fitted yet) has the sides shaped such that you can get to the underside of the seat bolts. It is either this one, or one very similar:

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I shall investigate later and have bookmarked that site. It's a new one to me. I got on to Victoria Plumb.com and put the question to them. They replied in essence: some of their back to the wall toilets would indeed need to be unplumbed but those with seats that have quick release bolts don't.

mark

Reply to
mark

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

That's handy to know about. Found this demo:

mark

Reply to
mark

I can hack out the brickwork to accomodate the pipe as that'll be hidden by the toilet. As for an exposed isolation valve....hmmmm. I assume the waste is just 'push' job done.

mark

Reply to
mark

think you should google some similar bog installation instructions and take it from there

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K