Click Loc Flooring - knack

What is the best way of locking the planks of click loc laminate at the ends of each panel. Edges are fine - ends are a pig.

John.

Reply to
john

ends on row click together first then click entire row in in one go. Quick-Step loc, click one plank in on long side, then use special block (to prevent damage to tounge) and tap in side with hammer (Hit block NOT laminate!) The above are the only two I have had experience with. Block shaped with hole for tounge to sit in thus preventing damage. HTH Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Chops-Celery

Don't know why post appeared so oddly - blame Groups, Google not me - honest!

Reply to
Chuck Chops-Celery

Don't know why post appeared so oddly - blame Groups, Google not me - honest!

Reply to
Chuck Chops-Celery

I use a similair technique only I found a lump hammer more productive. Also when adding the final piece in a row and you are only an inch or so from the wall. I had to use a 2 foot wrecking with a pad block against the wall. Then you have to 'lever' it into place. This method is quite easy if the last piece in the row is less than half the full length. But if you are working to ensure that you have a totally random pattern of edges, you might find that you have to finish a row or 2 with a near full length piece. This will require a heavy pull on the bar. Mind you, I layed the laminate with the skirting removed. If you use that technique with the skirting still in place the skirting boards are gonna move.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Have you got one of those webbing ratchet straps designed for the job. IME you have to have nerves of steel - tighten up on a complete row and suddenly they all click together - scary, you don't want to look at first!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang