clever fixing of bath to wall batten ?

It's plastic. It will move. If it wae pressed steel, it would still move. If it was cast iron, it would still move, but not by much.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Having had a bit of dry rot under the bath (not serious fortunately), I was somewhat paranoid about having any further timber in that area. So I glued the edge of the bath to the plaster with silicone sealant, which also forms a waterproof barrier against water running down the gap. I have then tiled down to the edge of the bath and the join between bath and tiles is grouted without any sign of cracking due to movement, although this is a pressed steel bath on a concrete floor. Even if this grout line did crack, the silicone would still stop water leaking through. The only snag is that the bath cannot easily be removed (would probably need a cheesewire to cut through the sealant after removing bottom row of tiles to get access to it).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Stuart Noble explained on 08/09/2005 :

They do all move to some extent due to deflection due to the weight. Especially on a wooden floor and even more so plastic baths. That is why you fill them, to put the sealant round, so the deflection is at maximum.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield