Clear stain

Is there anyway of stopping natural pine from darkening over time. We have recently bought a pine fire surround and I want to keep it the natural colour. Unfortunately, despite clear lacquer it is bound to darken once the light gets to it.
Does anybody know of a lacquer which would prevent this happening (perhaps with some sort of UV filter)?

have
the
I love the different looks which ageing wood gives, but if you really want to keep it looking fresh cut then it is down to a sander and clear lacquer every few years.
Have a look here for a few tips:
http://www.scopefurnishing.co.uk/caring_for_your_furniture.htm
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com