Cleaning washing machine internals?

Hi All,

Since I seem to have got our washing machine going again (motor was tripping the RCD) it seems to be making a sort od 'drain' type smell.

Its not leaking, it isn't the drain but I did clean some of that grey 'gunge' out from round the door seal and just inside the drum.

The guy in the local white goods shop suggested modern low temperature washes tend to allow soap and fats to buld up inside the machine, stuff that might have been washed away at higher temps.

He also suggested using a 'hot wash' say once a month with a bottle of white vinager added for good measure?

My question, would that be strong enough to clear an older 'built up' machine or is there something more effective please?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , T i m wrote

I find that using a whole pack of washing soda crystals (approx 90p from major supermarkets) on the _hottest_ wash gets rid of the smell.

Reply to
Alan

Try it first and see: not a huge outlay if it doesn't work!

If not, I wonder if one of those little bottles of stuff you buy at Tescos for cleaning dishwashers would do the trick? NB - off-the-cuff suggestion only; I have no idea whether that would be totally the wrong stuff to use here - maybe someone else could comment?

David

Reply to
Lobster