cleaning wallpaper paste and other gunk off walls

Hi, I have removed wallpaper from some walls which I am going to paint. There is quite a lot of wallpaper paste and other gunk still on the walls. What is the quickest and easiest way to remove it?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John Nagelson

I used a flat metal blade - it was actually a herb-chopper, but anything like that would scrape it off once you've got it damp - perhaps steam it first.

This kind of thing...

Skipweasel

John Nagelson was thinking very hard :

Lots of warm buckets of water, changed often and just wipe it over and over with a wet cloth. A moist atmosphere in the room helps - perhaps a boiling kettle or a steamer.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Another job for the heavy duty scraper. Clean as a whistle

Reply to
stuart noble