Cleaning wall tile grout

I've tried Aldi's spray but the grout is still beige rather than white in a toilet and kitchen I'm tidying up. Can anyone recommend an effective liquid or an effective method please? The least destructive, the better!

In message , F writes

Bleach?

Reply to
Chris French

I've had excellent resutls using HG Mould Remover, and HG Grout Cleaner (bought from Homebase, but google finds lots of other suppliers). Spray on, leave for and hour or, if the surfaces are bad then repeat, then wash off with warm soapy water (I use a garden sprayer). Could then use an empty spray bottle with a diluted (but still strong) mix of bleach and water. Clean off again with warm soapy water. I use HG a couple of times a year and it keeps the shower cubicle nice and clean. HG Limescale Remover is good on the glass as well.

Reply to
Davidm

Cleaning grout is one of the few things steam cleaners (proper, not tiny little hand held things) are quite good at.

Reply to
Peter Parry

HG Mould Spray from HomeBase and other sheds.

Reply to
David

Thanks, all. I'll give the HG a go.

Bleach is the first port of call. I've seen it turn black to like new. It does need repeated applications and long soak times, eg 4 applications left on overnight.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Mould is usually black, so what is producing the beige colour? Urine plus scale round a bog maybe, but what about a kitchen?

Reply to
stuart noble

I've often wondered: what deleterious effects does bleach have (especially if you just leave it on) on grout. More than any other "grout cleaner", that is?

Ta John

Reply to
Another John

I've always assumed it's just general grime that builds up over time.

Reply to
Chris French

none

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Whatever was produced when the ex-tenant cooked? Turns out she was hopelessly unaware of the notion of 'cleaning'.