Cleaning UPVC double glazed window frames?

Hi,

This may not be the right group for cleaning related issues but maybe just maybe...

The kitchen window frame /UPVC/ in the hose I just bought has not been cleaned for years /gone yellow and sticky/. I think this is the last "original feature" left after refurbishment work. I would like to know what is the best method of cleaning the frame without damaging it? Thanks in advance Rafal

Reply to
Rafal

Buy some UPVC cleaner. Available most DIY places.

To keep nice and to polish use a VERY SMALL amount of silicone polish.

Reply to
PJ

I'd try white spirit, which doesn't usually attack plastics.

Reply to
stuart noble

UPVC cleaner is available for £2.99 from your local Betterware agent :)

I know.. I've just got some and it works a treat :)

Reply to
manoman

My architect says use Jif (or is it Cif) on it!

Alec

Reply to
Alec

Cif will scratch it

Reply to
Rafal

Thanks a lot, out shopping now

Reply to
Rafal

We use cream cleaner designed for plastic baths. Doesn't seem to do any harm.

Reply to
MBQ