Cleaning paint rollers -> dishwasher?

Hi,

I usually stick them on a post and play a hose on one side of the roller so they spin themselves clean.

If using again soon then wrapping the roller tightly in foil with a little white spirit or water, (depending on the paint!) keeps them fresh for a while.

BTW when it comes to getting a decent finish quickly, cheap crap brushes suck IMHO. The breakeven point for buying decent brushes and cleaning them can't be more than 20 minutes of painting.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

washing machine better.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement that was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak and 2 veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the exhaust manifold, though I have never tried this. Perhaps the engines have now got too complicated and its hard to find any space for cooking.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Sounds interesting, however engines and just about everything else is designed on a high-falluting computer system these days and the tolerances for heat dispersal are probably that tight that sticking something in a vacant area will most likely cause permanent engine damage, by virtue of the fact that the heat won't be able to escape away from the area in the way that the designer intended.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting usenet messages is configured such that my antispam filter will automatically update itself so that the senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do need to contact me please visit my web site and submit an enquiry -

Andrew McKay

Nor have I - but I never heard of it either. I'd have thought such a package would fall off. Steak and veg don't take the same length of time to cook anyway ...

There's no space for anything under our relatively enormous bonnet. What's worse, I hardly recognise some of the components :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher