Cleaning out a thermo bar shower

Can't remember full name. Just 'Amber' None of my allen keys fit the grub screw. Is it imperial sized? Asking because they still use1/2" bsp threads on this stuff.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

1/2" BSP is still the universal thread on screwed fittings - in fact the range of BSP threads have been re-named and 'adopted' as an iso standard.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not really answering my question, mate.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

message

But it was addressing your misapprehension !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I knew the shower inlets are bsp. Its just the grub screw I was asking about.

Thanks anyway.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Sure its a hex & not a torx? Difficult to see on the smaller sozes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorry, Meds. Bought a set from machine mart. I think I have to descale the bastard thing.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Get some Fernox DS3 - comes in a large tub for about £13 - enough to make tens of gallons of descaler that actually works.

Reply to
John Rumm

Seconded, although some loon will be along any minute to scream that one should only buy diluted gnat's piss from Unilever/Reckitt Benckiser.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Been out to local hardware shop lunchtime today. Got HG (hagesan) Blue..to be immersed in it for 30 mins.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2