cleaning masonry prior to internal dry lining

Hello,

I am nearly ready to glue my celotex and plasterboard to my internal walls. I removed the old plasterboard and am back to the masonry but it needs a clean to give a good surface for the adhesive.

What's the best thing to use to clean them up? I was thinking a brass cup brush in an angle grinder on the basis that a flap disc might wear out, or am I being too heavy handed? What does the group think?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

You're kidding, that'll rip the masonry apart. A stiff plastic bristled brush then a wet rag frequently rinsed should do.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Just seal it with dilute PVA. For better adhesion apply a bonding mix of PVA once the sealing coat has dried prior to applying your dry lining adhesive.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I think you are over thinking it. If you are worried about adhesion, then brush off any loose material with a normal dustpan style brush and slap a coat of dilute PVA over any particularly flaky looking bits.

Reply to
John Rumm

A brush down with a bristle brush or broom.

That is all it needs. Take off the surface dust and the adhesive will stick just fine.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thanks. I was probably worrying about nothing (as usual) or trying to over-engineer a solution!

Reply to
Stephen