Cleaning laptop screen

I bought an 'LCD screen' kit from CPC - very cheap. Little brush to remove excess dust, large pump action bottle of cleaning fluid, and a microfibre cloth.

Works well, and is likely to last about 5 years.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Kitchen towel seems fairly soft in that respect. At least that's what my nose tells me when I have a cold, kitchen towel is far far kinder to the running snozzel than tissues or loo paper. I also use kitchen towel to dry the specs after their morning wash, they are coated lenes and the coating is still there...

I agree that paper hand towels are harsh but not it seems kitchen roll. Can't see the point in spending several quid on a "kit" when a sheet of damp kitchen roll and trace of washing up liquid will do the job.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The best pound shop bargain I've seen recently is a tiny USB bluetooth dongle from Poundworld. I keep buying them even though I have run out of computers to fit them to.

I think the supermarkets have the same thing for £7 or £8.

Reply to
Graham.

Thanks for all the replies.

Pressure washer it is, then :-)

I'll report back on progress.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Isopropyl alcohol.

Reply to
Huge

Probably about the best bet. Also sold with a wetting agent in for cleaning photographic lenses. Worth drying the screen gently with a second tissue rather than letting the solvent evaporate or you could end up with even more annoying smears and smudges over a wider area!

Reply to
Martin Brown

Microfibre cloth misted with a spray of very dilute Fairy Liquid, does it for me, for LCD screens.

Reply to
grimly4

Heh. My old Sony monitor was indestructible - got cleaned with all sorts and never complained. I noticed early on there was an anti-reflective coating of some sort that was gradually being wiped off and when it went totally it improved things.

Reply to
grimly4

1/3 Isoppropanol to 2/3 Distilled Water on Microfibre Cloth misted with spray
Reply to
Rob