Cleaning glass?

There is a glaziers glass cleaner under various brands. The one I've got is called 'Nilglas Nilco Glass Cleaner' in a polythene squirty bottle. Made by Bluecol. Very effective even on very dirty old glass but a bit fierce on paintwork - a bit like sugar soap. Decorators paint that is, is ok on car body work. Try glazier, glass supplier or motor factor.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

I think the carbon acts as an anti-static. In a picture framing lesson at our local 'Framers' I was told it is the only way to get the glass dust-free. It certainly works for that. You get a handful of screwed up newspaper and polish the glass with it.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

I understood modern inks were carbon free? They certainly don't make your hands back as once.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You haven't read the torygraph lately then? ;-)

Whatever it is in the paper, it stops the static - maybe wood pulp alone is enough, I dunno but it does the trick. It's rough enough to scour traces of muck off the glass, and absorbent enough to soak up grease spots too. An all round good solution.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Only if you have newspapers. I still say that the steam cleaner is the dibs.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher