cleaning equipment

We currently have beige carpets through out our flat. We have paid someone to clean the carpets through out, but am thinking about buying a proper machine to clean them.

If anyone can recommend a machine they have bought (Prefibly not to expensive) that will clean domestic carpets from a high street retailer.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
joey

I don't think it matters where you got the carpets! The "Rug Doctor" seems to be recommended quite often (For hiring) I haven't used one myself yet, it's next then to do list!

I expect if you bought a decent one, outright, it will cost a small fortune. If you bought a cheap one, you would end up with an inferior machine. You don't need to wet clean the carpets too often, so buying one for a flat probably would not be cost effective.

...unless you have a lot of traffic (I assume you don't run a knocking shop!)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

I have been using a factory reconditioned Bissell Powerwash on our beige carpets for about 4 years and it works fine. I can do the lounge (12 x 12), hall and dining room (12 x 15) for about 2 quids worth of shampoo. I find that Astonish carpet shampoo for a pound a bottle works just as well as Bissell's own brand shampoo which is very expensive. I have only seen one or maybe two of their models on display at Comet but you can see the full range here which is where I bought mine from.

Reply to
Handy

I have experience of using the Hoover (brand) upright 4 brush cleaner (price ~£150?) on mostly contract carpets (hard cord type). Used with Johnsons Enhance cleaner and the associated spot cleaner (these may be 'commercial' products) the reults are excellent.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

I'd agree with Sparks. Decent carpet extractor is a grand. Numatic George is OK but limited. Easier & cheaperto hire a Rug Doctor or get a pro in - get a NCCA member - there are more cowboys in carpet cleaning that Dodge City.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A grand!

What about this one?

Sparks

cleaner might use

on Online Ordering then Ninja web special offer. Thats what I'd buy now if I went back to carpet cleaning.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman