Cleaning block paving

I have a lot of block paving .... do not use a pressure washer direct, unless you intend to resand the joints.

Buy a rotary attachment for pressure washer ... SUPERB ... does exactly what it says it will do, and does not remove sand.

also use it on fences or decking. SWMBO ... loves using it ... brings up Limestone patio a treat as well.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I use a rotary attachment on my block paving, but , unless I then clear the whole area using the lance at an oblique angle, all I have done is stir up the moss etc, remove it from the joins and faces of the blocks and redistribute it back into the joins.

Having then re-sanded, it looks great for a while, but it is surprising how soon it starts to look green again.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I thought Pressure Washers also tended to roughen the block surface by eroding the loose aggregate from the block - leaving it more vulnerable to moss growth.

Reply to
John

Bit the bullet and got the 259 from Focus for £108. Just two on the shelf so it looks as though there's not a lot available if anyone is thinking of joining the party. There were, though, a couple of cheaper models and one dearer.

They also had 'Carplan Triplewax Jetwash Driveway Cleaner' on BOGOFF at £5.99 for 5l. No doubt someone will be along shortly to tell me it's a waste of money? If so, it'll be going back for a refund.

If they had enough power, which I doubt. Akin to 'will it take the paint off'?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Though there have been warnings about damage to tyre sidewalls.

I to will try that idea in the warmer weather when its been dry for a week! I think a shorter tooth would be better to just remove the top centimetre of crud and level up the joint. Then refill with kiln dried sand. You can buy grout removers with a serated edge which might also work.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

And don't be tempted to try a focused blast on any nicely painted but algae covered wooden fences you may have - it drills right through...

And similar with the 'grout' on your crazy paving...

Good for cleaning upstairs windows though.

And uses surprisingly little water compared with the garden hose.

spamlet

Thats exactly why pressure washers were invented. They developed in Germany & Denmark to clean using less water, cleaning faster was an added bonus.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I never came across it during the 30 odd years I was invilved with HPC's. I reckon its CYA.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman