Cleaning black goo from kitchen mixer taps

How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it, any ideas
Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

If you have a water tank in the loft, then make sure it gets cleaned regularly. If your kitchen cold tap is connected directly to a mains water supply, then get your water board to check the pipes around your house. If the black goo is sticking to the outside of the taps, then get a cloth and some bleach in your hand, and scrub it ya' filthy bugger.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Phil wrote:

Could be a rotting washer or O-ring, you'll soon find out if it is ;)
How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it maybe, any ideas
Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it, any ideas
Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
On 9 Jan 2004 15:32:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Phil) wrote:

out. Turned out the black mould was growing on the black plastic inserts in the nozzle that seem to be common in taps made nowadays to make the water look bubbly/aerated and spray straight. SWMBO was muchly distressed by the idea she'd been washing in this water for months.
DG