clean and buff

I have a job as site supervisor at a local primary school and I have a question as to how does a clean and buff chemical work.
Now before any one says that I should ask the county 'cleaner in a suit' (the official expert), I would like the advice of the real experts first. the chemical is described as a polythene ( I think) polymer. In what way does it change from being applied wet, to being buffed up to a shine when dry? the reason I am asking, is that I have not been in this job very long and one of the cleaners is having a problem with one of the floors she cleans.
tia
Dave
ps I have no shifted t, before any one comments about the starting of a sentence with a lower case t. the usual keyboard I use is going for a shower soon, as I spilled some Bovril on it this afternoon, when my vibrating phone went off while clipped to my belt, right over the most sensitive part of my hip. Up went the cup and down came the Bovril, all over the keyboard :-(((

http://www.thecaretakers.net /
http://www.thecaretakers.net/floors.shtml
wrote in message

Many thanks for that interesting site
Dave
Back on the keyboard that went for a shower :-)

These people: http://www.janitorialexpress.co.uk/jantip2.htm might be able to help if you drop them an e-mail.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thanks for that, I'll hold it in reserve in case there are no answers on here.
Dave
Dave wrote in message ...

particles join up and force the remaining water on to the surface where it dries more quickly. It usually has a far higher melting point than natural waxes so that it can be machine buffed. I think it is designed for synthetic flooring rather than wooden. What problem is she having?

The daily scuffs won't buff away, so the floor looks appalling. I'm not that well up on the technique, as I was an engineer when I took early retirement, hence my posting here for help in understanding what happens when the clean and buff gets buffed. The problem might also have something to do with the base polish that is put onto a stripped floor. There were 3 coats used instead of 2. Also, the dilution of the clean and buff has been guestimated instead of being measured.
Dave
Dave wrote in message ...

wrong product altogether if by "stripped" you mean a wooden floor. This type of emulsion can only form a film on a non-porous surface like a car body or floor tiles/lino etc. What are these scuff marks? If it's rubbery black marks from kids' shoes you'd be better off with a white spirit based product because emulsions will only solubilise things that soap and water would.
It's at times like this the older readers remember 'Joe' Stalin... Does anyone have any news about him?
--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *