Clarkson on immigration, EU, and the BNP

In message , MrBitsy writes

I bet you two can't wait together and discuss knitting patterns and SAGA holidays

Reply to
geoff

Its a safe, bland machine with no bollocks

driven by old codgers with no imagination

Reply to
geoff

The dashboard is one of the best bits :-)

So many modern cars dashboards just look like a HiFi fascia and are plasticky. The rover 75 is classic British styling and different.

Reply to
MrBitsy

I want a safe machine, but it isn't bland to me. It isn't a sports car, but I normally find I am quicker than most away from lights/junctions. It has enough grunt for safe overtaking and will cruise on the motorway smoothly and quietly. It returns me an average of 48mpg, even though I drive it quite hard.

I am 46, almost have my pilots licence, a degree, worked as a programmer, signaler, love all music, enjoy sex, believe in live and let live, give due respect to other road users, drive quickly but safely, passed the RoSPA and IAM tests and ...

Reply to
MrBitsy

You ride a motorbike - I guess that makes you a madman, speed freak, smelly and one that likes to put others lives at risk?

Reply to
MrBitsy

No, there is a strange new fad of stopping miles back from it.

Reply to
MrBitsy

In message , MrBitsy writes

not breaking the speed limit, I hope

So you can't even get into SAGA

That explains it

...still didn't snip that post

Reply to
geoff

Interesting

Watching the "Secrets of Stonehenge" program on CH4

they've just unearthed a Rover 75 CDTi

rusty red, it is

Reply to
geoff

As apt a description of Hazel 'Squirrel Nutcase' Blears as I have heard all week..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were talking religion, but I loved that.

Reply to
Clot

Blaming Moslems for terrorism makes about as much sense as blaming Methodists for the Gulf War. Less in most cases, more like blaming Jehovah's Witnesses for the Crusades.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thats one way of putting it. Pastiche would be another. But I'll agree about other car dashboards, some are really nasty. The ones in the current Fords look like a cross between a 1980s sprayed chrome amstrad hifi and a refugee from toys-r-us. The new insignia has a fantastic dashboard however. Shame about the dull looks of the rest of the car.

B2003

Reply to
boltar2003

Personally I love it. It makes a nice change from the ubiquitous slab of black plastic that serves for a dashboard on most cars!

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

I test drove an Insignia recently. Lovely to look at both inside and out - but in terms of useability my Rover 75 wins hands down. The Vauxhall had over-firm and uncomfortable seats, the ride was considerably less absorbent than my 75, and the diesel engine noise in the cabin was far more intrusive than on my 75. Overall, I much much prefer my 75.

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

LOL! Having spent much of my police career on traffic, I am fairly discerning in my choice of cars. I love my Rover 75. It has a BMW diesel engine - so no slouch!

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

Who's Ken?

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ret." saying something like:

Kev, then. Retired traffic plod with a Rover 75.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "MrBitsy" saying something like:

See that? That there?

That's you, that is.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well said Maxie! Well said!!! That is why I am voting for Gordon.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, do you think we will see that? Paddy bands exploding on the stage?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel