Clap for your keys

We seem to think it was "Innovations" which had the key fob which yelped when you clapped your hands - the better to locate mislaid keys. Innovations is defunct. Anyone know where we can get this item now?

Reply to
Simon Gardner

you do not want it, it is a waste of money. I got one for my Christmas last year and it would not keep quiet. Indicators in my car set it off, bumps in the road set it off. After only 5 minutes in my car I removed it from my car keyring and threw it out the window

Reply to
Evelyn Philips

are still there. The key finder things are crap. A better idea was the glowing keyfob.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Ta.

Yah. Don't think so. It's for my brother. When he loses it it tends to be inside something. [Last time I lost mine it was inside a peltier coolbox inside the car.] Glowing wouldn't have helped. Actually what he wants is to be able to phone his keys if they go missing.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

A DIY approach...make the keyfob radioactive and use a Geiger counter!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet writes

A small light weight pager on Vodapage or similar and chain to the key ring?

Reply to
-

There is a proper device, a relative of mine got one for xmas and I saw them in several shops, it has a set of fobs for attachment to devices and a controller with a button corresponding to each fob. As a radio device it should be less prone to false triggering.

Reply to
Niall

In article , Bob Eager writes

Already been done:

I have one (well, two, but managed to break one.)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

A bit more specific info? Like manufacturer?

Reply to
Simon Gardner

On 26 Dec 2003, Simon Gardner wrote

I'm sure I saw these at the "Gadget Shop" store in our town centre -- might be a starting point for a search.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

On 25 Dec 2003, Simon Gardner wrote

A propos of nothing, my first reaction to the subject line on this was that it sounds like a poor swap.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

And tell them not to get lost again?? sounds good to me...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

That's probably where I saw them too.

Reply to
Niall

Gadget shop it was.

Ta very much.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Link wrapped but if it's what I think it is I've got the set of 3. Haven't tried finding the keys with a GM counter though - does it work?

Reply to
Chris Hodges