Cistern Lever Replacement - help

Got a slight problem in the fact my current cistern level has snapped in half. So I went on a mission to find a new one that would fit the Shires high level cistern. After going direct to shires and getting knocked back "We cannot deal direct to the public", and going via a recommended retailer "If its a gold one then it will be £100, but if its chrome £15", but the style has changed in the past 5 years and it might not fit!

The suite is the adelphi one and if anyone has got any ideas as to where I might be able to source one it would be much appreciated as SWMBO is getting a little brassed off going up the ladders to flush :-)

Answer on a postcard....

Reply to
Ady

Can't you make one from a piece of copper pipe. It is only a seesaw held in place with a pin through the bracket on the cistern.

Reply to
BigWallop

Go to your local authority "recycling" place. Mine usually has loads dumped there esp after the weekend. Aren't these things bog standard fitting anyway? They sell generic ones in the sheds.

Reply to
BillR