Circuit Breakers

What's the situation with circuit breakers these days?

Anyone here know if they are OK for use on-site with 240v equiptment?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I could only attempt to answer that by reading a lot between the lines. Why not try and give some more info?

Do you mean can you use 240V equipment on a construction site with RCD protection? I believe the answer is yes following a challenge by Europe that our insistance on 110V construction site supplies is not legal because it hinders free movement of trade and workers, but IANAL and I don't know how this is reflected in UK law yet. Could be implications in insurance policies, etc. Regardless of what legal position is, you will still find only 110V available on many construction sites anywhere near where you might need to use hand-tools up to 3kW.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel