Circuit breaker location outside bathroom?

An RCCB came with the my new whirlpool bath and the instructions sensibly say that it should be located outside the bathroom. Is there any reason why I cannot locate it in the garage next to the fuse box?

Many thanks Bill

Reply to
TrueBlue

I'm assuming that you are installing a radial circuit for your whirlpool bath fed from its own MCB?

Putting the RCD next to the consumer unit is fine. Make sure it is in an enclosure or has a terminal cover, though.

Smudger

Reply to
Smudger

Thanks. I plan to run it direct from the fuse box on its own fuse. The RCD comes with a tough plastic case.

Reply to
TrueBlue

Reply to
Adrian Chirgwin

Perhaps the instruction ought to have been "do NOT put the RCCB in the bathroom" instead of "locate it outside the bathroom".

The former tells you where not to site it (hence any other location is perfectly okay), whereas the latter seems to imply siting the unit close to the bathroom but not in it.

Subtleties of the English language, eh...?

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning

On 13 Aug 2004 04:23:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com (Mungo Henning) strung together this:

Probably as the manufacturer intended it to be used as the local isolator?

Reply to
Lurch