Cillit Bang

Just discovered that Cillit Bang is excellent at removing the stuff that leaks out of old batteries.

Found a multimeter that had been in the shed for 10+ years and the batteries had leaked green gunk all over the inside of the battery compartment. One squirt of cillit bang and a gentle scrub with an old toothbrush and it sparkles like new!

Have also used Cillit Bang for removing rust on sheet metal; spray and scrub with fine wire wool and the rust disappears.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Its only a formulated nuetralising acid a cheaper product can probably be gotten from a car accessory shop. Rust does not dissapear it blends in with the metal from the nuetraliser.

Reply to
ben

Although cheaper sources of it probably are available I found it excellent at removing stains from window PVC, that many other cleaners i had couldn't. The time you spend looking around to save 50p is not really worth it IMO

Reply to
Rob Convery

If you like Cillit Bang, then you might like the remixed advert!

thought it was funny anyway...

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My MRs was just commenting yesterday how good it was for removing black shoe scuff marks from the interior car trim. Why the kids have to do gymnastics inside the car beats me!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

It may be cheaper from a car shop but I have Cillit Bang under the sink. I couldn't see any neutralising acid under there last time I looked. As for rust it does indeed seem to dissolve it.

Has anyone else discovered any 'alternative' uses for this stuff or indeed any other household products?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

People do put their feet on interior car trim for, ahem, other reasons. Have you eliminated those?

Reply to
Sam Nelson

They'd be upside down, on the dashboard ...

Why anyone wants to bother cleaning off such marks beats me. A car's a tool, it's intended for carrying stuff, including people, from a to b.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's just a pity it has such a silly name.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Named that because it was catchy, however I agree totally.

Reply to
ben

You can clean up all your loose change and dazzle the greengrocer with it.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Frank Erskine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

More catchy than whatsisface who advertises it, though

mike

Reply to
mike ring

??

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Done that. "I'm not taking them, mate, they are so obviously fakes"

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Barry Scott.

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Never heard of him...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

is good for cleaning ovens. ;-)

Turn on the oven for five minutes to melt excess fat. Dry excess fat out of the oven with paper kitchen towel. Then spray on Cillit Bang and wipe off, repeat Cillit Bang and wipe.

Mind you I shouldn't be doing this meself. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Probably *THE* most annoying irritating advert on the TV. That wan**r "Barry" shouting his gob off....Puts me right off the product

Reply to
R obbo

Thats why he was positioned for the Ad. ;-)

At first I was a bit dubious about the product in the way the woman sprays it on the sink and then wipes it off...however if you watch closely the towel hits the sink before the product and lo&behold the sink is clean before its made contact with the product. :-)