Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

Page 10 of 13

Imm wrote:

Thank you.

So you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Now that is bright!

Sometimes you have to behave on gut instinct and throw rational analysis out of the window. This is one of those times. --
Imm wrote:

He's very good at it though, I'll grant him that. I've seen quite a few trolls on usenet over the years, and he is one of the best.
F.

<snip>
If you take that train of (un)thinking to it's logical conclusion everything would get banned - even water !

everything
No everything would not. Once again, don't you feel a right prat?

<snip>
Unlike you, no.

everything
Water is a terrifying drug. Check this:
http://www.psychoactive.com/h2o.html
Hope you enjoy it. You'd better, took me 10 minutes to google for it! Seems to have been updated since I first read it though. The choice bits are the quotes at the end.
F.

Point out to me where I proposed a ban on anything.
--
Every time I have all the answers, they change questions!

Mail john rather than nospam...

pubs.
heating
I've seen some good ones out there. The heating isn't an issue, as they filter the air, not vent it to outside. Smoke particles can be removed relatively easily, they are much larger that normal molecules in air.
One company I worked in had an internal smoking room (no window) that had something like this. I still went outside though, smoke rooms in offices are dank and usually full of people depressed that their break is about to end!

Finally!! A new use for babies gas masks from WW2!!

As far as I can see, his only problem is a chip on his sholder. Not hugged as child perhaps? ;-)
F.

Smoking in China is hugely popular, much moreso that Europe or North America. And China is nothing that it's made out to be by western "anti-commie" propaganda.
F.

I think you need a rethink of your philosophy of life somewhere if you really believe that! In particular one's mental health ('happiness') is very tightly coupled to one's 'physical' health so you can't really have one without the other.

not
That is sick isn't it!

Too true.

not
It's not a philosophy, just an observation. Most things that are enjoyable are bad for you.
F.

usually
Yu really scrape the barrel to justify this nicotine addiction. Smoking IS NOT enjoyable, as the majority of people will tell you.

enjoyable
IS
And this is coming from someone who has said they never smoked? Who's scraping the barrel?
Nicotine is a drug, moron. From some random webpage:
<quote> Brautbur reports that nicotine activates certain neurons in part of the brain called the mesolimbic system. This system is the same pathway that creates the intense cravings to indulge in certain foods or activities, such as sex. When the mesolimbic pathway is stimulated, the neurons secrete dopamine. In turn, dopamine provides the brain with a chemical reward that literally arouses it. Tests have shown that both cocaine and nicotine produce this effect in the brain. In general, nicotine continually stimulates the release of dopamine(1) </quote>
We enjoy it. Are you so slow on the uptake that you cannot grasp this simple concept?
F.
Ref:
1. Brautbur, N. "Direct Effects of Nicotine on the Brain: Evidence for Chemical Addiction." Archives of Environmental Health. Vol. 50 (no. 4), July 1995. pp. 263-266

Please note: Most people don't smoke. If it was the greatest thing since sliced bread we would all be smoking.

Well, IIRC, it was the greatest thing _before_ sliced bread, because everyone did smoke back then!! ;-)
F.

since
Not to mention people being _encouraged_ to smoke back then...

I know, it was disgusting.

But it was / not / considered so at the time.