Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

Page 11 of 13

thing
They say ignorance is bliss. Since the 1800s they have known cigarettes cause cancer.

because
Suspecting and knowing are to totally different things, I / suspect / you are an ignorant idiot, but I have no proof you are !..

You don't suspect at all, you are just attempting to be clever.

<snip>
you
Wrong and wrong, I / do / suspect the first and I don't need to attempt the second, unlike you...

since
Figures please?

Generally, jokes don't need backed up by figures...
F./

So you were joking then.

... mine was an observation too, if that's how you view life then there's something a bit adrift.

Dave Plowman wrote:

Its called a bouncer :-)

mean
It isn't. It affects people's health.

Yes, what warped logic next?

My freedom is lost right now!!!! I should have the freedom to gointo any public place and not breath in tocic fumes. I want freedom, I am not getting it!!!!

Have it where it doesn't affect other people. If tobacco was introduced today it would be put in the same category as heroin. That is reason enough for a total ban alone.
You don't enjoy a cigarette, you assume please from the withdrawal symptoms.

You are right. About the thing you have been right on. So, ban it from public places, all forms of sponsorship and advertising, have it in white packs, as it is when you buy any drug, and have it sold from only special outlets to peopel with IDs, as in Utah for alcohol., although I do not advocate selling alcohol like they do. Take the glamour out of smoking.

But a pub isn't a public place. You have no right to dictate to me whether I allow smoking in my home, and I have no right to force it upon your non-smoking household. Neither of us have the right to dictate to a landlord.

symptoms.
You said you've never smoked. How can you feel up to the task of commenting on this? You aren't.
Tobacco is a drug. Drugs bring pleasure. Most of the anti-drug campaigns try to move focus away from the fact that altered perceptions of reality appeal to many people, as do the effects of whatever substance they are into. Didn't you ever make yourself dizzy as a child?
If people didn't enjoy their first smokes, then they won't start. Unless they are spineless and go on peer pressure. I didn't, I only had my first smoke at 19 years old, after asking for one. I enjoyed it. I still do. Get over it.

Can you debate something without resorting to insults? Besides, there are never "rights and wrongs" to most issues, only opinions.

They glamour has already been taken out. Popping out into the rain for a smoke at work ain't glamorous!
And making the warnings bigger won't make any difference. Do you think there are any smokers that aren't aware of how bad it can be for you? I'm all for more age-verification, but the fact is that some retailers don't care.
F.

People should be banned from smoking in their own homes if there are children in the house. Forcing children to breathe a known very effective carcinogen, when the alternative of popping outside is available, is child abuse.
Christian.

I fully agree! If someone injected heroin into their kids they would be jailed. People who smoke in front of children should be prosecuted.

IMM wrote:

Doctors do it regularly. (inject morphine into kids)
Its a good pain killer.
Parents regularly give food to their children that
in time will lead to an early death due to heart
disease and obesity.
Smoikuing is a relatively minor issue, but of course, why notr [pick omn a minority to opprress when you have screwed up the governance iof teh country and want people looking in the other direction..

effective
child
...he is at it again...just read this one...

Every time they see them?
...he goes with more lunaticisms....

Are these parents aware that they are knwoingly killing their kids?
...and he continues...

Not according the 17 medical school heads, and they should know.

Yay!! Let's pass more completely unenforceable laws!! What do you propose to do? Have special smoke detectors forced upon parents, which get audited regularly?
Or, you could get the kids to grass on their parents!! That'll work! It'll create a lot of resentment and paternal turmoil, but who cares, right!?!
Most parents I know that smoke, don't do it in front their children. No one ever smokes near my younger relatives either, but this isn't some rule that's ever been mentioned. It's just the way it's done.
Older folk take longer to change, they are a bit set in their ways. But every young to middle-age smoker is aware that smoking around kids is a no-no.
Sorry to break your hatemongering.
F./

effective
child
The law could be passed that covers causing knowingly causing ill health problems to children.

Like by withholding immunisation?
--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

I'd agree with that. I'd rather remove parent's "rights" to withhold medical treatment from their children, unless there is some degree of uncertainty or genuine moral choice, such as whether to attempt proceed with invasive curative treatment or just paliative care in the event of terminal illness.
Christian.
Dave Plowman wrote:

Yep.
And sending them to state schools.