chromium plating 6 latch plates - where?

We replaced the old and worn "Union" internal door latches in our hosue with new ones, also made by Union. The mechanisms swaped in nicely, but Union have changed the design of the striker plates. The older 'bent rectangle' has been replaed by something with a narrower T where the latch first strikes it. Union don't offer the old shape any more and coul dnot suggest a source. Our doors have been chiseled to take the old style plates of course.

We wondered if we could get the old plates chromium plated afresh, but we found that there is typically a =A350 minimum charge for doing this by the larger comanies

Does anyone happen know of somehere, probably a small back yard company, that would do 6 plates more cheaply than =A350?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Pay the money..loads of places do chrome plating for motorbike bits.

If you look in yellow pages etc for local elecroplaters, just phone around wand with luck they will pop them in with a batch off something else.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try the uk.rec.motorcycles.classic group and search for chroming. It's been mentioned a few times with various recomendations.

John

Reply to
John