Chromium plated door handles

We have had four new bloody expensive interior doors fitted. This was not my idea. Mrs Pounder Esq was already moaning about my dirty hand marks on the door handles, so I went to my only friend - Mr Google. I used "Simoniz Car Polish And Wax" on the handles. They are now gleaming. Then I tried it on the windows handles and the front and back door handles. After 7 years of being there they look like new. It would seem that chrome plated door handles do require some level of maintenance. I did not know this.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It's called cleaning. HTH.

Reply to
ARW

It's called using the correct stuff to clean. You would not know this. HTH. Btw, how is life on your sink council estate?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It took you 7 years to work out that a door handle needed cleaning.

Need I say more?

Reply to
ARW

Need I say more? /Q

Chav?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

It will probably take you even longer to learn how to quote.

Reply to
Bob Eager

/It will probably take you even longer to learn how to quote. /Q

Arf

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

But that's womans work!

Reply to
Capitol

Don't start me off about chrome plated handles on things. I had a nasty sore on my hand when a sliver of the plating came of and went quite deeply into the palm of my left hand once. Not enough proper preparation of the material I suspect. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I used to use furniture polish. You would not know what this is.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes, ARW is.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Why?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simply that it is a very brittle material and easily flakes if the base metal flexes at all. Chrome slivers in the skin will almost invariably fester too.

Reply to
Nightjar