Chrome towel rail plumbing error

We have plumbed an additional chrome radiator in the bathroom from the pipes of another under the floor. We have just noticed that they come on when the shower is on and when the hot water is on! Can this be right? We have a combi boiler that is usually on timed. Thought it unusual that it would be on with the hot water and the heating - what could have happened??

Reply to
janicerdrew

On 6 Apr 2007 15:25:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com mused:

Could be anything. You need to recheck your work, and check everything for any other symptoms.

Reply to
Lurch

Haven't you (rather obviously) plumbed into the bathroom hot water system instead of the central heating? Or am I missing the point somewhere?

David

Reply to
Lobster

That's the given, even if this is OK can it be right to be on both systems and how could we have done this?

Reply to
janicerdrew

On 7 Apr 2007 10:54:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com mused:

See my earlier response, something is wrong and you need to find out what.

I can tell you what you did wrong, but it involves you paying me to come round to your house and take floors up, and then you pay me.

Reply to
Lurch

Sorry, don't understand what you mean. But suggest you carefully trace the route of the pipes you've tapped into.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sounds like you've managed to join the heating and potable water circuits and you'll all die a horrible death.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes

If you have plumbed the radiator into the hot water supply then it's because you don't know what you're doing and just made a wild guess. Fortunately plumbing is mildly more forgiving than electrical work.

On the plus side you've now got a radiator that is perfect for heating towels, since it only gets hot while you're having a shower.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Providing you don't end up drinking corrosion inhibitor or something! ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster