Chrome self adhesive tape

The black plastic rubbing strips on the side of my old Rover have - or rather had - chrome strips down them. It was some form of chrome on plastic and has failed. I thought I'd try carefully trimmed chrome tape but nobody appears to sell it anymore. Nothing on Ebay and have tried car accessory shops and Halfords, etc. Anyone any ideas?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think it was banned from sale for H&S reasons .. least that's what my mate who owns a Toy / Cycle shop told me awhile ago? ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Try a scooter shop(Vespa)? these have all manner of strips for the edge of the panels on the bike. Other than that a scrapyard.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby

How about chrome filler strip? :

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to measure up.

Thank you, Sir.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)