chrome pipe

Hello,

I bought a chrome trap which came with a "doughnut" to fit over where the pipe passes through the wall. The problem was that the "doughnut" was a rather tight fit and it has scratched the pipe slightly. The scratches seem quite light: if I run a finger nail across them, you I cannot feel a groove, so I was hoping to polish them out. Will metal polish and elbow grease remove them or is there a better way, or worse are they there forever?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred