chrome pipe ?

anyone know where I can get 32mm chromed plastic waste pipe and 90' elbow for a w/c basin ?

thanks

Reply to
In2Minds

I have been selling Plastic Waste pipe to Merchants for years and dont think there is anyone selling Chromed Plastic. Not enough call for it i expect.

Why not try stainless steel or copper? That is more readily aviailable.

Reply to
Merryterry

It flakes off, is why.

Chrome is pretty brittle.

Its IS possible to electroplate plastic after treating with something to make it conductive - usually a graphite loaded solvent - but the results are never satisfactory.

If you want chrome pipe, buy steel or brass and get it chromed.

Plenty of places that specialize in vehicle customization and restoration will do this at remarkably low prices.

You can even solder and weld it all together and get the whole assembly chromed, if you want. Or brass or nickel plated. I rather like nickel.

Or how about using steel and getting zinc or cadmium plated on it and passivated it. That's a rich swirl of colors...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or go to a local Plumbers Merchant and he will order you a length of CP Copper Pipe and the fittings. You may have to wait for a few days but readily available from Factors

Reply to
Merryterry

A better than average plumbers' merchant or bathroom shop.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Chromed copper waste pipe is available though. It in the BES catalogue at least.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
junk

Reply to
junk

But you can't even POST the right way up, nor trim to context. Why would we expect your chroming to be any more professional?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)