Christmas pressie list?

Made me smile

The Wanderer

Bob Eager

Oh, I like the sharp sand exfoliating face scrub - could be useful for hairy arsed DIYers!

Reply to
The Wanderer

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Number three actually exists !

The Medway Handyman

!

> --

Somehow that doesn't have quite the appeal of the V8 engined one - rather lacking the sexy touch !!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

That reminds me to ask -- in the WD40 or maybe electrolube area, was there a product called "Rocket"? Or did one of them come in a can with a picture of a rocket on it? I'm sure I remember my Dad using the phrase "a squirt of rocket".

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

It was originally marketed as 'Rocket WD40' - and the can had missile-like chequer-board markings on it...

Can't remember when it lost the 'Rocket' bit ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Thanks. That would be it.

some time in the last forty years -- maybe someone can narrow it down...

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

I remembered it originally as that too - and I think it said on the tin that it was used on the Atlas rocket project.. A quick google and:

Gordon Henderson

into a Word document. On the 42nd page I found two real gems:

? Cleans raccoon traps

? Helps remove stuck prosthetic leg

So next time you need to clean your raccoon trap, WD40 it is! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

I still think of it with 'Rocket', hence my one-time sig. about the war on Iraq having 'Rocket WMD-45' and 'political lubricant' in it.

Perhaps Apollo 13...?

Reply to
PeterC

It works on zips