Christmas present suggestions?

ah :) that kills that one. Something tells me think in another direction here, it sounds like youve got everything DIY you want already.
Regards, NT
LOL - 10 of your items should definitely be on my list - the screwdrivers already are due to reasons you mention :-)
--
Robert

Thanks for the ideas. The best one is probably the garden vac. However, we've bought my 94-year-old father-in-law one of those for Christmas - so I might be inheriting that soon!<g>
--
Cheers,
Set Square
Set Square wrote:

THE most useful thing I bought myself turned out to be a second hand HP DesignJet A1 plotter...but I suspect its over budget really...

OK, come on then..... tell us what you use that for...... Let me guess, model aircraft plans? .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

And designing a cxomplete house, its plumbing, wiring, details of construction of various bits...garden design...
In short anything you need to work out in advance and get down on paper for yourself, or someone else, to build.
Its also very useful for prepareing color pictures of things, with words, to help you document things that need it.
Its very useful for toy planes as well, but thats not why I bought it.

Nice! Bit of an overkill though! I've got a DeskJet 1220C - which can print up to A3, which is big enough for anything I want to do. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Unfortunately, the carousel wasn't there and I still haven't found one
--
geoff

If it is an HP plotter then you should be able to buy a replacement carousel. All you need is the part number - which can be found in the plotter service manual. You might have to buy the service manual of course, which requires a part number.....
From my years as a field service tech at HP I have great respect for their ability to supply parts, some obscure. Everything, but everything, has an HP part number.
The part number is likely to be of the form:
09872-60001
10 digits, with a dash between the groups of 5. The first 5 represent the model number, the second is the unique part number for that model. Beginning with '6' to represent replacement part, if the 2nd digit is a '9' then it defines that it's an exchange assembly (like a motherboard - you have to send the old one back for refurb). A carousel isn't likely to be an exchange.
PoP

No, it's an Artisan I think
although it's in the office, I haven't looked at it for ages. I did download the drivers for it a couple of years ago
--
geoff

Forget the money - tell her you`re just happy to have her for christmas, and that you couldn`t ask for more.
It doesn`t work for me either, but it makes her feel wanted :-p

Frankly, I'd settle for that - but one is *expected* to have a pressie!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Unless I am mistaken, my wife, who is on holiday in Australia and Tasmania for 5 weeks over the Christmas holidays, has not left me anything to un-wrap on Christmas day. Having said that, I did not expect anything on that day, but I could get a phone call asking me to look in a certain place (some hope), for a pressie :-)
Dave
With the usual Christmas chest/throat infection :-(((
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:41:53 +0000 (UTC), "davenpat"

That's sad. You should have said so earlier and we could have had a whip round or something :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The "something" option sounds like the better bet - we could have got together at a pub somewhere to discuss what to buy him..... ;)
But what the heck, we don't need such slim excuses for having a beer anyway.....
PoP

That's true. We should arrange another for after the new year......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I was hoping someone would say that.....
Which day of the week is best for peeps? I know there were some collisions with other events last time.
PoP
: >>But what the heck, we don't need such slim excuses for having a beer : >>anyway..... : > : >That's true. We should arrange another for after the new year...... : : I was hoping someone would say that..... : : Which day of the week is best for peeps? I know there were some : collisions with other events last time. : : PoP : What's this PoP? A newsgroup beer fest??? Tell me more.
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:25:24 -0000, "Suz"

We already had one in the Thames Valley, two in London and one in t'north.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

Sheila, Sutherland, Scotland (almost as far north as you can go on the mainland)