Christmas Eve

Loving God, Help us remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children, and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake.

Amen.

Reply to
Claire Towny

Idiot.

Reply to
Lou Decruss

Charmless oik!

Happy Christmas to the rest of you!

Reply to
John Rumm

But that's not what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown!

now! HO HO HO!! Have a Merry Christmas with your near and dear, and forget all that sanctimonious and unfounded nativity stuff for a while.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Reply to
Pennyaline

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Claire Towny saying something like:

Keep it to yourself, if you don't mind.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No dumbass. The oik is the moron who cross posted fairy tails into a cooking group. According to the definition I see rude, unacceptable, and low class are part of the definition of your silly brit word. She fits all of them plus several more. I find someone shoving their beliefs at me in a non related newsgroup as low as a desperate scumbag can go. Do you idiots really think it's going to matter when you're worm food?

Whatever.

Lou

Reply to
Lou Decruss

Thanks, Merry Christmas to everyone :-)

Just get that Spotify application loaded, select the holiday party songs and get that volume up to 11, cuz today and tomorrow is a Great day of Worship, Giving, Receiving, Drink, Feasting, Quizes, Eastenders, The Queen, Romance, Forgiveness, Neighbourliness, Charity and ...

Angle Grinders ...

Reply to
Adrian C

Happy Kwanzaa, muthafukka.

Reply to
ObaMao

Cooking? Oh yes, there is one on the list...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Doncha just hate these Christians stealing the winter solstice?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think I would be able to take you more seriously if you hadn't posted your 'Happy Winter Solstice' greetings exactly 3 days late!

Happy Christmas

PS -Sang the hymn/carol "God's surprise" for the first time this year, I was quite taken by the 3rd verse. I'm sure not everyone will agree with the last

2 lines, but there is plenty to think about in lines 1-6.

Centuries of skill and science Span the past from which we move, Yet experience questions whether With such progress we improve. While the human lot we ponder, Lest our hopes and humour fray, God surprises earth with heaven, Coming here on Christmas Day.

Good cheer all!

Reply to
OG

In message , Lou Decruss writes

Have to agree with the septic here

Lou - go and find me a recipe for xmas goose please

Reply to
geoff

Yes, very annoying

although the solstice has passed

"Luke I'm not paying you so much this week"

"Why?"

"Because yesterday was the shortest day"

"err Wha ? ... c'mon"

Took him several minutes to work it out - over-worked his brain cell there

Reply to
geoff

Now THIS . . . I do object.

Stuff it, Claire Lynn in Fargo

Reply to
Lynn from Fargo

Bend over and Lou will give you a nice goose.

Reply to
ObaMao

Why exactly do you object? Do you 'object' to anybody that doesn't have your exact philosophy?

'Object' doesn't mean the same as 'Disagree', you know.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Believe me

I have impermeable keks on

If you're a septic - go google it

Reply to
geoff

Or stealing Saturnalia and Yule too. You can't even be a good Roman or Pagan anymore without Christians jumping up and down about it.

We Atheists should have at least some humility, and acknowledge that our belief regimen has been responsible for more wholesale murder than any other. Goodnight all.

--Bryan

Reply to
--Bryan

It's only recently, though - perhaps they'll go away again soon.

Reply to
PeterC