Choosing a reciprocating saw

I am trying to decide which mains powered reciprocating saw to buy. The Bosch GSA1100E and the Makita JR3050T look good, but I am struggling to decide which one to get. The Bosch is less expensive, has a work light and the motor consumes more power. The Makita is lighter and slightly quieter.

Does anyone have any comparative experience? Does the higher power motor in the Bosch actually cut faster? Is the tilting shoe of the Bosch useful or a nuisance?

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

I have the 18V version of the Makita, but nothing to compare it to, are you using it on gardening duty, or for demolition?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Cutting up wood for a log burner, chopping up steel pipes in difficult locations like under the floorboards and no doubt lots of other things I haven't thought of yet.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker