Choked on my Gas Bill!

maybe slice along the insulation so that it has a thinner flat top to it. Probably easiest to trim it where it opens.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Could you fit insulation sheets beneath the pipes between the joists then the pipes dont need lagging? Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reply to
marble

|On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:49:42 +0000, David Hearn | wrote: | |>Andy wrote: |>> Also see if your radiator pipes are insulated if they run under a timber |>> floor downstairs. Mine were uninsulated and effectively formed the |>> equivalent of a small radiator throwing heat away in the breeze from the |>> airbricks. |>

|>We've got pipes under our suspended floor which are unlagged. However, |>the pipes run into notches cut into the joists, and unfortunately, |>they're quite shallow. Fitting lagging to them (the foam sort which you |>just clip on) would be practically impossible - at least not without the |>split in the insulation being at the top and with a large gap. There |>just isn't enough gap between the pipe and the floorboard to get the |>pipe all the way around (at least in most places I've seen it). |>

|>Any suggestions? |>

|>D |Could you fit insulation sheets beneath the pipes between the joists |then the pipes dont need lagging? Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I have that round black foam plastic stuff, all wrapped in glass fiber. For insulating between the joists they now sell glass fiber inside a long polythene bag. Much better than the exposed glass fiber mats held up with polypropylene string on nails which I have ATM.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop