Choice of saw for laminate flooring

Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It may be a one off so I am not looking at a power solution.

Thanks

Reply to
john

Any old hardpoint handsaw - the finish doesn't need to be great as the edges will be hidden anyway.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Why not? You can buy a jigsaw for around £10 in B&Q these days. Do the job & bin it.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

decent brand, fine-toothed, hardpoint. job done.

Reply to
Steve Walker

...Saw now blunt :P. (I've found the teeth were easily damanged and blunt on my Stanley fine-toothed hardpoint after laying a room's worth of laminate... I think the actuall laminate on-top doesnt do to much good for the teeth.

Maybe a cheap B&Q job would be the answer?

Reply to
Aaron

I would agree with this. I first laid laminate in a small hallway and although sawing the ends wasn't too much of a hassle, sawing lengths was. When I cam to do a room I bought a cheap jigsaw for roughly £10, it really does make the job a lot easier.

Reply to
BeeJay

Not in my view - I think you just have to accept that a £10 saw is a disposable element of the job.

Reply to
Steve Walker