Choice of combi boiler

Following my son's/d-in-law's problems with the flue terminal on their

12 yr old boiler (see my previous post "Combi flue terminal position") they have now decided to bite the bullet and shell out to have a new boiler installed with the flue in the correct position. Too big a job for me, so they have obtained 2 or 3 quotes, all similar price from local CORGI firms. They are specifying either an ARISTON COMBI A, 24MFFI or WORCESTER BOSCH 24RI. Any thoughts on which is the better choice?

Pete

Reply to
petek

Ariston is a well know brand for kitchen appliances but if your looking for a boiler the Which Magazine recently voted a Baxi as best value. Ariston man wants your money but Worcester Bosch guy is looking to do the job right from my experience with plumbers. Easy to choose which ring the service line for each company and see who quotes the quickest response time.

Reply to
steven

Worcester Bosch very good. Quality of installation and reliability can't be judged on phoning a number.

Reply to
Ron

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:29:18 +0100, "Ron" mused:

Incorrect. Worcester Bosch _were_ very good.

Ask them for some previous customers that can be conatcted as referees.

Reply to
Lurch