Choice of boiler - options - and at last a quote!

...yes our resident caber tosser Mr Cranium says.....

..what follows is supposed to be an intelligent reply...

...failed 100%. The reply was inane babble. Sad but true.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

The OP needs to get a better measure of flow - one tap being measured is not enough as i found.The sum area of the tap holes tested needs to = the internal diameter of the pipe. you might get 12 lpm out of 1 tap but 10 and 8 out of 2 taps together (total

18 lpm). Find out if the water co will connect FOC under a lead replacement scheme ( iirc its a legal req funded by eec)

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Will try to do the flow thing I think, thanks Jeff.

SS Water will not change the pipe - they do quality testing periodically and they tell it falls within their limits (the lead thing).

Sure it won't cost that much to dig up a bit of the drive and fit some new plastic pipe...

Cheers

Si

Reply to
Simon Hawthorne

IIRC, you have to have a water test done at your expense to see if there's a problem. If not - no grant. And you pay the 100 quid or so for the test. The cost of the test is refundable if the lead content is found to be over the limit.

That *was* the situation some years ago. Dunno about now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)